Diversity and inclusion
UTS values, fosters and celebrates diversity. Our flagship programs and initiatives include:
The Women@UTS program provides an opportunity for all women employed at UTS — both academic and professional — to engage in networking and career enhancement opportunities. Through its regular newsletter and events, this initiative has increased the visibility of women at UTS and built a strong community around it. Women@UTS runs events with high-level guest speakers as well as offering professional development workshops, mentoring sessions and initiatives for community-building and social good. UTS is also a member of the Equal Pay Day Alliance.
Wingara Employment Strategy
UTS is committed to cultivating an environment that actively supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. The UTS Wingara Strategy is a key factor in realising this commitment. We aim to:
- increase the number of Indigenous professional staff across the university
- build a diverse cohort of Indigenous academic and research leaders
- grow Indigenous intellectual and professional leaders
- promote career development and progression opportunities for Indigenous staff
Accessibility and inclusion
UTS is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work and study environment for people with disability. The UTS Access and Inclusion Plan is designed to ensure:
- equitable employment and learning opportunities
- an accessible physical environment with accessible facilities
- an accessible digital environment with accessible systems and content
- promotion of inclusive and welcoming practices across the UTS community
UTS Ally Program
The UTS Ally Program is a network of trained staff who are available to provide support and information to students and staff from the LGBTIQ community. The program is designed to support the rights of all students and staff, and raise awareness of issues related to sexuality, gender and bodily diversity. All UTS staff members are eligible to attend training and become a UTS Ally.
Pride in Diversity
We aim to strengthen an inclusive and safe environment for all LGBTIQ staff and students. UTS is a member of Pride in Diversity, the national not-for-profit employer support program for workplace inclusion.
Learn more about equity and diversity at UTS.